- Compelling opportunity – Japanese Cash-Rich Companies.
AJOT invests in a wide range of cash-rich and over-capitalised companies in an under-researched and inefficient universe of Japanese companies. For AJOT’s current portfolio breakdown please see our latest newsletter.
- Active investment management.
AJOT’s investment managers, Asset Value Investors (“AVI”) promote corporate governance reform and shareholder activism to unlock long trapped value in the portfolio companies.
- Rigorous discount controls.
AJOT has authorisation to buy back 15% of shares annually, to be renewed multiple times within each year if necessary. Buybacks are activated if the discount exceeds 5%. There is a realisation opportunity to exit all or part of the shareholding at close to NAV four years after launch, and every two years therafter.
- The closed-ended structure of the investment trust means that whenever you want to buy or sell you can simply do so on the stock market without it having any impact on the underlying portfolio. With an open-ended fund subscriptions and redemptions have an immediate effect on how the manager has to manage the portfolio to meet these requests.
- Shares are bought and sold on the stock market which can be done directly through a stockbroker or also on a number of platforms.
Click here to view all the platforms.